Auto Backup is an Improved Backup Service for Home Assistant that can Automatically Remove Backups and Supports Generational Backup Schemes.
While Home Assistant does provide built-in services for creating backups, they do not provide the ability to exclude items from a backup, or a way to automatically remove them, this custom component aims to fix that.
- Provides more advanced and configurable service calls.
- Exclude addons/folders from a backup.
- Automatically delete backups after an individually specified amount of time.
- Download backups to a specified directory after completion (for example a usb drive).
- Allows the use of addon names instead of slugs.
- Provides a sensor to monitor the status of your backups.
- Creates events for when backups are started/created/failed/deleted.
- Supports generational backup schemes.
After installing Auto Backup via HACS, it can then be setup via the UI, by going to Configuration → Devices & Services → Add Integration → Auto Backup or by clicking the button below.
|Automatically delete expired backups||This option will automatically purge any expired backups when creating a new backup.|
|Backup Timeout||You can increase this value if you get timeout errors when creating a backup. This can happen with very large backups. Increasing this might make Auto Backup less reliable at monitoring backups to delete.|